Monday, January 25, 2010

Almost 6 months in.

So I've almost been married 6 months.  It's been amazing and time has really flown. Though I now realize I had forgotten my blog and need to get back to it. I'm still keeping my old wedding in the blog. It was so much fun I dont' want it to go away, but I am now longer stressing about flowers, dresses and hair. I'm going back to what I love, design, graphics, electronics. furniture and anything else that catches my fancy.

The past few months have been very hectic for me and for my husband. (Still a little weird typing that.)  Our first holidays this year as a married couple were great. Though we have had some tragic and sad thing happen to us too.  My husband lost his grandma in October. We drove up in time to say goodbye. She was a fantastic woman and lived a great life. Even though I only had the opportunity to know her for the time I've known my husband she was a great person and touched many lives. 
My husband and I were also robbed in December... let me just say that just totally sucks. Some things that were taken were irreplaceable some things we can get back. The whole situation sucks and the fact that I feel that someone went Christmas Shopping in my home still irritates the crap out of me. 
Through the robbing fiasco my husband and I were trying to decide if we wanted to buy a new house, and move from the burbs to the actual city proper. We were so upset at being robbed and just wanted to get the hell out of where we live currently. We then realized that we didn't really want to buy something until we lived in the city first.  One big step at a time. So we now have a plan. Some new goals and hopefully soon in the near future we will be homeowners. For now we'll rent another year, move to the city in the summer and try to enjoy life.  That's been my life in a nutshell. Now on to things that make me happy...

No comments: