Thursday, January 28, 2010

More furniture

I have now realized that my design beast is still not satisfied. The day after I changed around our living room I decided I didn't like our bedroom furniture anymore either. The problem is I would love new furniture, but don't want to buy new stuff since we will be renting for another year, and we are trying to save money for a house. But, like my Mom  has always said, paint is cheap. So I am rolling around the idea of painting our furniture. Our current furniture has been in my possession for about 12 years. It's very traditional and not really my style anymore. (Thank you Mom and Dad for buying me nice real wood furniture though.)  My husband also goes reminded me if it all backfires we'll get new furniture anyway. It's a win win for you.  So I think I might take the dark oak dresser,nightstand and headboard and paint them black. Change the hardware and voila new stuff.  I'm pretty optimistic. I'm also pretty crafty so I'm going to give it a shot.  This is sort of what I would like my finished dresser to be.

2 comments:

MandeeFoFandee said...

I think it's a great (and affordable) idea! We plan on doing the same thing in our kitchen, since we can't really afford to shell out $3000 to reno the entire thing! Sometimes new paint and hardware is all you need! good luck!

oak dresser said...

Having a crafty talent is really great!!! We just have to redesign our old furniture to make it new..