Monday, January 25, 2010

My boredom creates a monster




So for a while I've been wanting to update our living room. It  is still not what I would love it to be because my husband was still in school. (Anyone who's gone to college knows what a drain on the income that is. and so was I for a while) Also our current digs were temporary so I figured why keep updating them.  Well I finally just had it. I was bored this Sunday and the design beast was growling and begging me to do something about it. So I hit the stores and wanted to see what I could do on a minimal budget. After all we are moving in a few months and I don't want to do anything that can't move or is built around what where we live now.  So I ended up finding a new coffee table. Our old one was from college a 25 dollar target find. Not to mention I kept busting my shins on it. I also wanted a new rug, for the same for the same reason as the coffee table.  By the time I was finished I realized I didn't like the drapes I had up either so I swapped them out. They aren't the same as in the photography but the purple brown thing is the same.  Insert existing Umbra bowl and viola my design beast is fed for a while and I surprised my husband with our new living room updates.

No comments: