Tuesday, January 11, 2011

weekend fun

This past weekend was quite possibly one of the best ever. Friday night Eric decided to cook something we've been wanting to try for ages. Beef Wellington. We've been watching a lot of Gordan Ramsay shows. I love The F word. and we've been wanting to try cooking some of the things he makes and this seemed to be something he makes often. So Eric gave it a shot. He did a fantastic job. It was delicious.

I'm not sure if Eric will make it again I think I'm going to give my hand roasting a duck next. :)

Saturday was one of those great days that I will always remember. Eric, his brother and I set off early Saturday morning for Vogel State park. His brother and I having just got new cars wanted to test them out on curvy mountain roads. I'll add some a picture of our cars later I only have one image that I took from the top of the mountain once we got there. We left Atlanta and it was cold 41 degrees but by the time we got to Vogel and up the moutain there was snow and ice and we were below freezing. We took it easy and made it home safe.  Driving on roads like that made me love the show Top Gear more it was exhilarating. The best part was Eric's brother, Matt's idea to have walkie-talkies so we could communicate up in the mountains. BEST IDEA EVER.


We did stop at the outlets on our way home  though where I found 3 amazing BCBG dresses all for under 150 dollars. Amazing sale plus a clearance item. Woot Woot. Saturday was brilliant and I can't wait for Spring time to drive back up the mountain with the top down on my Mini.

Sunday was lazy and we were expecting snow later that day. Eric and I walked around the city, tried a new french restaurant for brunch and found new paths to get to places. We ended up lazying it up at home until the snow started to fall. Snowmageddon is next!

No comments: