Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snowmageddon

I usually live in Sunny, sometimes cold Atlanta. Where it rarely snows, and the snow rarely lasts more than a day. Not this time. It has snowed a solid 4" Its been crazy. The stores are emptied of all their bread,eggs and milk along with every type of meat and veg.(I'm not sure why Southern folks think those 'staples' will be the best food choices.) Anyway Sunday night is when it started to snow. Eric and I decided to go explore. The first picture is a shot of my street. It looked so pretty snow covered.






Next we headed over to our neighborhood pub to warm up with a beer on their patio. They have a great fire pit. I made an impromptu fridge for my beer :)

and some graffiti on one of the tables that hadn't been hit with the snow as much.  We then kept meandering through the neighborhood laughing and skidding with all the other Atlantans that came out to play.
I  had to make a snow angel on the cleanest and prettiest area of snow.

Silly me I got soaked making it and we still had more walking to do. It was worth it though. I haven't seen this much snow in years. Finally after walking around for a long time we made it home. It seemed like whatever direction we headed the wind changed direction and snow was in our faces. It was a lot of fun to be in such a frozen world. Back in side though with our dripping coats and snow covered hats I took one last shot out of my window and then curled up on the couch. It was the end to a perfect weekend.

No comments: