Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day


I know, it's a mush hallmarky holiday, but I still like it. Maybe it's also because I'm an absolute sucker for chocolate. I've loved those little hearts full of candy since I was a toddler and told my Mom that my Dad was going to get me one. He did, a bright yellow box. I am sure it was just as fantastic as my little brain made it out to be since I still remember it so fondly.  This Valentine's day falls on a Monday so it's kind of a strange holiday. So this year I decided to give Eric his Valentine's day gift early. I bought him a flight lesson. (Thank you Groupon.) He is really excited about it. I know he will love it. He's been talking about flying since we first got together.  This is our 7th Valentine's Day. 

Being that today is Valentine's day and 7 years ago we celbrated our first we sort of got to recreate our first Valentine's day. Eric for our first Valentine's Day took me to the Symphony Orchestra. It was my very first time going and it was wonderful. Through a little bit of luck, Eric's boss had tickets last Friday and couldn't go, we got to go again. It was fun to this time walk there and reminesce about our first show. Then enjoy the great evening with fantastic seats. Third row, Beatles Paul McCartney tribute everything about it was great.  
I'm not sure what Eric is up to for Valentine's day. He said it's going to happen while we are on vacation. Which is in 4 days! So I'm curious and excited to see what he's thought up. He's always brilliant at things like this.

No comments: