Friday, July 27, 2012

Painting

In the home I grew up in my Dad always seemed to be painting the trim, the ceiling, doors, or the walls. For decades the walls were one tone of beige or another. My Mother has only recently in their 30 odd years together to embrace color. Either way there was always some kind of house maintenance going on. 

When it came time to select paint and get to work on my new place I knew I would be the one to paint. I enjoy painting. It's like detailing your first car you really get to learn the ins and outs of it. There is also something very satisfying about seeing the finished product. I love to paint, I love cutting in then rolling it on the walls makes a part of me very happy.

What I don't like doing is taping off the walls. Especially taping off the ceiling. Eric says I tape with hate. I'm sure I do. I just hate doing it. It's a necessary evil, like paying for insurance, I know it has to be done but I don't want to do it. (Whine.)

It's a good thing Eric likes to tape. He also says I tape with hate. I just might tape with hate. :(

Finally all the a painting is done. Everything looks crisp and fresh. Now it's time to hang artwork. I feel like I'm moving at a slug pace. I know what I want to do but haven't made the time to do it.

Tonight I will finish hanging artwork!


No comments: