Sunday, August 16, 2009

Paul McCartney!!!!



I am a massive Beatles fan. I grew up with them. I own all their albums on vinyl, not to mention countless original Beatle magazines, money, pins, newspapers. I am also a huge Paul McCartney fan. As soon as I found out he was coming to Atlanta I had to go. I mean there really is only 1 good Beatle left. (Especially after Ringo's comment about no more signatures.)
So Saturday afternoon my new husband, and my parents made the pilgrimage to Piedmont Park to see the show. We arrived at the park at 1:30, doors to the park opened at 4, and the concert began at 7 pm with Paul on at 9pm. Time really did go by pretty fast. We were all excited to see him. Finally we made it into the park. Staked our claim with our blankets. We got pretty close to the stage. It was awesome. It was hot as 6 shades of hell but OMG a BEATLE!
Finally the show started. The opening band was the Irish band the Script. I think I was one of a few people that could actually sing along. (thanks BBC radio 1) They are a pretty cool band.

Then at 8:40 twenty minutes early PAUL MCCARTNEY!!! He was amazing. he played for almost 3 hours. I was hoarse from singing and screaming. It was the best concert I've ever seen. About 30 minutes into his set it started to rain. It felt amazing after being in the heat all day. No one moved though Everyone was so pumped to be there. I have never seen so many Beatle and Paul shirts ever. He put on an amazing performance. It was amazing to see him. It was cool to hear him live. Yesterday marked the 40th anniversary of Woodstock and he honored Jimi Hendrix by playing Foxy Lady, it was also the 45th anniversary to the Beatles playing at Shea Stadium and he honored that too. It was phenomenal. I am so glad to have gotten to see him live I never thought I would. The video clip above is from my camera.

2 comments:

Becky said...

This was the best concert I've ever seen. We had the best time with Eva and her new husband!

k.bell said...

that is awesome!