Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Olympics

Every 2 years I camp out in front of my television, captivated by the Olympics. I've been sort of obsessed since the '92 Barcelona games when my brother was a basketball fanatic.  Then the Summer Olympics came to my hometown, Atlanta. It was awesome. I attended a baseball game, I traded pins with other people from all over the world. It was so much fun.  Fast forward to 2010 and the Winter Olympics are in Vancouver. I wish I could go. Instead I stay up to ungodly hours in the morning watching and cheering for the athletes.  Watching Shaun White fly in snowboarding, Johnny Weir skate his heart out and even the o-so scary skeleton. Who came up with that!  Which brings me to something that is super cute, makes me wish the Americans had something so cute to symbolize our country. I have seen them at all the outdoor coverage... the maple leaf mittens! They make me so happy. I totally want a pair.  So though the athletes have had me cheering and excited for them. These little mittens in all their cuteness have captured my attention.


No comments: