Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Secret stuff

When I was a kid I desperately wanted a secret room, ah-hem, a secret library that I could read all day in and have all my books. I still somewhere would love a secret library room. So hiding things in plain site or very cleverly has always been fun for me. While I was repainting our bedroom furniture I didn't want to put back all the junk and jewelry boxes that were on our dresser. Side note: most of them were stolen so I didn't have them anymore to begin with but that is another story. So I decided to try and come up with a way to get my jewelry off my dresser for a more clean look.  Which is when I found these jewelery boxes. I just happened upon them in a random ad for the store. I never look at the adverts so it was very serendipitous.  You can see them in the picture this post.  Here is a close up.
 
closed.
 
open

I removed the collage picture and re matted some of our vacation pictures and viola. Besides the boxes being slightly thicker than an average frame you wouldn't really notice. I love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is such a great idea...I am definitely stealing...er, I mean borrowing it!!