Friday, September 16, 2011

Running wins and a fail.



So I have taken up a healthier hobby. I have started running. Training with the Couch to 5k program. It's been a few months now and I can really see results. I can know run a mile in under 10 minutes. I have a lot of endurance. Not to mention I have lost over 10lbs. It feels so good to make a healthy change.  In that healthy line I have also registered for my first 5k! It's in October and runs through the major park here in Atlanta. I am so excited.
For Training as I've reached milestones I've bought myself better clothes, proper shoes and Eric bought me an amazing Garmin GPS watch that logs my miles and time. It has been really helpful in making me work harder. I also really wanted a neon colored shirt so I can be seen. (I was also jealous of the other brightly colored runners and wanted to fit in.)

In sad news though I haven't been able to run for a week! I went to go running on Sunday and in dodging a cab I sprained my ankle in an electrical manhole that was moved. I have it wrapped and hope to heal soon to get back out there.

No comments: